Will Allen-DuPraw is a photojournalist and documentarian based in the DC area. He recently finished his Master’s degree is New Media Photojournalism at the Corcoran School of the Arts & Design in May, 2023. During his undergrad years at Brown University, he created his own major, called Visual Storytelling. After a 2-year stint in Santa Cruz, California, he moved to Charleston, South Carolina, where he built a career in commercial video production. While he still enjoys commercial work, he has since moved back to his hometown of Takoma Park, MD, and is committed to the path of visual journalism and documentary photo/video projects.
Will primarily covers topics relating to injustice, identity, and oppression. He also enjoys exploring the odd corners of the human condition. His mission is to use his camera to highlight and facilitate experiences of empathy and the feeling of being understood.
Will is open for both editorial assignments as well as commercial projects. He'd really love to work on a documentary with you too!
- The Washington Post
- The New York Times - Special Jan 6th edition - 2021
- HBO - 4 Hours at the Capital
- Glasgow Gallery of Photography - Group Show
- The Vendue Gallery Community Collection Show - 2021
- 9to5 Magazine - Issue 8 (2020) & Issue 11 (2021)
- International Center for Photography #ICPConcerned Show - 2020
- NPPF C. Thomas and Mary C. Hardin Scholarship - 2023
- Arthur J Ellis Endowment Fund Scholarship - 2021-2023
- Winner, Spiritual/Inspirational Community Producer - ACM WAVE Awards - 2018
- U.S. Forest Service Eastern Region Honor Awards - Honorable Mention - 2016